Progress

Monday, April 19, 2010

Windy City

First, I'm extremely offended that I did not receive a personally engraved invitation to join all of you lovely ladies in Chicago.  I had to come back to work today after a 4 day break from blogs to READ about it on everyone else's.  Now that I'm over the hurt and anger of not receiving said invitation...I'm inviting myself!  Now having invited myself, I most regrettably have to decline.  When I get banded this summer (this is me thinking positively), I won't have a whole lot of extra cash floating around come September.  I'm already trying to get to my sister's house in SC in September, then my Breast Cancer Walk in November and we're looking at doing a girls' cruise to celebrate the walk.  In light of all this and as disappointed as I know you will all be that I won't be gracing you with my presence, I won't be able to go.  Yes, I'm pouting.  Yes, I'm annoyed that all of you get to go and there will be several days of few blogs to read and then TONS of posts with TONS of pictures of all of you having a wonderful time and rubbing it in my face that I wasn't there.  Anyhoo, I suppose I will get over it and I will just have to go to the next one (probably once again uninvted and I'll be forced to once again commit a social faux pas by inviting myself...but I digress) which if I'm understanding everyone correctly will be in Florida (is this right???).  Happy Monday to all of you sucky people who get to go and do things without me and don't even send me a personal invitation to join you!

**All said tongue in cheek of course, for anyone who may have missed it***

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Manda - didn't you get the invite? It was engraved in 14ct gold and diamond encrusted. I'm really going to have to talk to my assistant about her incompetence. :0 Sorry you can't make it but a girls' cruise sounds like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Well I am sorry that you can't come but when will you be in SC...that is where I am, maybe we can get together.

MandaPanda said...

Belle - Should be there around 9/17-9/20 if all goes well.

Jenny said...

Wish you could come, but I definately understand the circumstances!! I'm sure we will do more of them!

carla said...

I wont be there either :-( we will have to wait to the next one :-)

Catherine55 said...

Don't feel bad! I had to invite myself, too! :) Are you sure you can't make it? Would be so great to meet you in person finally!

LDswims said...

Don't feel bad. I invited myself, too. And I'll invite myself again next time, too. Only the special people go out on a limb and assume it means them, too. So you and me...we're special. :)

Ok...all of us are special!

That makes me sad that I won't get to meet you this time but I will be looking forward to the next time. And you have plenty working for the year, too! And you know we'll be here holding your chin up when you need it and smiling with you the rest of the time.