Progress

Monday, October 4, 2010

Weigh In Weekend

Good morning!  Official weigh in day and I'm set at 210.  A 2 lb bounce from the all time low I saw earlier last week.  I'm attributing this to some water retention.  I had Chinese food yesterday and that usually has me retaining water for a couple days.  I do think my latest training walk contributed to my stagnant weight loss this week as I KNOW I did not drink enough water during this walk so I think my body is definitely still holding on to it.  My wedding band is tight and that's usually a sure sign of water retention for me. For the sake of honesty, I will say I did not eat particularly well this weekend.  While I ate a lot less than I normally would, the nutritious aspect was somewhat lacking and will definitely aim to do better this week with the eating.

I did my 7 mile training walk on Saturday.  Holy bugger!  I was doing pretty good until the 5 or 6 mile mark and that's when I started losing it a bit.  I made it in 2.5 hours (includes a pit stop and small detour) so the pace is right on for what they're looking for.  The Komen site says to aim for a 20 minute mile.  Important to remember that we're walking 60 miles in 3 days so endurance is more important than speed in this case.  I was seriously SORE when I finished up the walk and stayed that way pretty much for the rest of the weekend.  It was the good kind of sore where you know you've used just about every muscle in your body whether it wanted to be used or not so that's definitely a good thing.  I'm thinking next weekend, I will aim for 8 or 9 miles.  I'm not ready for 10 yet.  I'm not sure if it's a mental block or what but I do know I was seriously hurting doing 7 so I think it's better to ease up to 10.  That's what I'm going with anyway.  This walk reiterated how far I still have to go to be able to do 20 miles a day for 3 days.  I still think I can do it but I have to keep stepping it up each time to make sure I don't just die somewhere during the day on Day 2. 

As far as the band goes, while I can definitely tell it's in there...a couple of stuck episodes with certain foods remind me, I REALLY hope I can get my first fill at my doctor's appointment on Oct 14.  I can definitely still eat way too much at one sitting and I'm hungry every couple hours.  I'm trying to use good snacks - fruit, cheese, etc. for when I'm getting hungry but would really like to get the ball rolling with this restriction stuff.  The doc gave me 3 cc's at the time of surgery but since I don't know how big my band is (one of those questions I just keep forgetting to ask. LOL) I'm not sure if that's just a drop in the bucket or what.  I'm guessing it's a 10 or 11 cc band as he said it was "standard" (at least that's what he told my hubby).  If that's the case, I think I still have a long way to go before the "sweet spot" but I'll take whatever help I can get. 

That's it in Pandaland.  Hope everyone's having a marvelous Monday and had a fantastic weekend!  And so another week begins...

7 comments:

~ Katie ~ said...

7 miles is better than no miles! Keep up the good work girl :)

Carolyn said...

Good for you on doing the 7 mile training! LOVE that feeling of being sore but the good sore after working out.

Colls said...

Great job on the 7 miles, you are really kicking ass! I had 3 cc's in mine at surgery as well. I am pretty sure you will get your fill during your next appointment. Right now they just want to make sure everything is healed. Hang in there, this can be a little challenging. It sounds like you are on the right track though. Continue choosing smart snacks! <3

Phil said...

Your current walking endurance is the same as mine - it's about mile 6 when my stomping attitude begins to wane and a bit of lethargy creeps in....but hey, it used to be around the 2 mile mark a couple months ago, so we're heading in the right direction.

Amanda Kiska said...

You're a super-star!

Bonnie said...

You are doing great with your training. I can't imagine walking 7 miles!

Patrick said...

Chinese food is rough on the scale, so that likely is your reason for any bounce. Nice job on the 7 miles. Seven miles is huge, you don't get to walking 7 miles without some serious effort over a good spell of time. Keep on walking all over Pandaland!