Progress

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Can I Get "OH YEAH!!!"

First...a little business.  I wanted to send a big thank you to Heather and Ronnie for the Stylish Blogger Award.  I have already done the post with all the stuff but thank you guys so much for thinking of me!  If any of you aren't following these lovely ladies, please check out the links above.

So...I did Week 3 Day 1 of my 5k training program.  Can I get an "OH YEAH!!!"  It's 3 minutes of jogging with 2 minutes of walking and you do this 5 times.  That's right...Do that math on that one.  That's 15 minutes of jogging and 10 minutes of walking.  That means...yes ladies and gentleman... I am jogging more than I'm walking!  There's a 5 minute warm up and cool down that's brisk walking but I don't really count that as my workout.  I kicked this day's butt!!!!  I did the whole workout...didn't walk when I was supposed to jog...didn't hyperventilate when I was supposed to push through.  And it gets even more impressive.  My gym has TV's on all the cardio equipment (I LOVE this).  So there I am...jogging away enjoying an episode of Sex in the City when it goes kaput.  No signal.  I did the whole second half of the workout TV free...just staring at my ever reddening face in the reflection of the screen.  Not only did I push through that little mental block but I also thought to myself "Hey...check that out.  My face looks thinner."  Good news all around my friends.

So that's all I really wanted to share today.  My oldest is finally over her little bout with the flu (I hope).  My youngest is starting to complain a little so I'm almost betting she catches it.  I've got a scratchy throat this morning so I'm going to the drugstore to pick up some Zicam and load up on Vitamin C.  I WILL NOT be sick on this cruise....so help me God.  Please send healthy thoughts my way.  And since I'm in THAT kind of mood...I leave you with "Deep Thought Tuesday.
Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

10 comments:

Jacquie said...

You go girl! I love the quote too!

Angela said...

Awesome quote. I think I am going to send that out to my staff today.

-Grace- said...

You are awesome!!! C25k has kicked my ass everytime....and my that I mean week 1! :)

Catherine55 said...

OH YEAH!!! You are doing so awesomely on the C2YK!! I've seen quite a few bandsters turn into superfit runners after doing that program! Way to go!!

Jen said...

OH YEAH!!! Someone is turning into a runner!! Go you!!

Bonnie said...

That's so great about your progress with running. Especially great that you did it without the tv. Definitely sending healthy thoughts your way.

Jess said...

Glad you are picking up on the running! That's awesome!

I gave you an award. check out my blog!

Gen said...

oh yeah!!!! Way to go!

~Lisa~ said...

OH YEAH!!! I'm soooooooo proud of YOU!! What an accomplishment! Wow! You just made my day!

~~~~~~>> (these are healthy thoughts coming your way!)

Patrick said...

OH YEAH, I havent even read the post yet but I love giving OH YEAHs; now back up I go to read, a moment please...

Certainly jogging more than walking deserves an OH YEAH!

Stay healthy!