Progress

Monday, January 3, 2011

Year In Review - Looking Forward

Some of you may recall my 10 in 2010 post here.  I listed 10 things I wanted to accomplish in 2010.  Let's take a look.  I've crossed out the ones I accomplished.

1. Potty Train my youngest daughter
2. Get a book contract for my nonfiction piece
I'd still like to do this...but I don't see much time for writing in my future
3. Lose 60 pounds (how many times have I made that resolution?)
30 lbs - not bad.  Better than most years. Also important to note that for the first 5 months of the year, I couldn't lose much because I was playing the insurance approval game.  Not an entire fail on this one.
4. Obtain and contribute to an actual savings account
5. Create a weekly budget
6. Stick to said budget
Oh!  That's right.  I had to stick to that budget...my bad.
7. Walk 4 times a week
I totally did this from May to November...not too shabby.  Not a total fail.
8. Leave a note for my hubby somewhere once a week where I can tell him why I appreciate him or just to say thank you for something he did.
I did this only twice.  Pitiful.  He also didn't seem to like this idea.  Must find a new way show my appreciation.
9. Complete Couch to 5K
Total Fail - made it to week 2.  *Sigh*
10. Participate in the Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cure

OK.  Personally, I think 2010 shaped up pretty well.  I did a lot better than I would have in years past.  No, I am not doing 11 in 2011.  And I'm still an anti-resolutionist, but I do think it's great to have goals and a plan so here we go.
  1. Run a 5k
  2. Run a 10k
  3. Train for the PF Chang's Half marathon to be completed in January 2012 (this is my new big challenge - more to come)
  4. Make a weekly budget (sound familiar?)
  5. Stick to said budget (since now I know where I went wrong)
  6. Try my hardest to be a better wife, mother, sister and daughter...remembering how precious this time with my family is.  Even if they don't make the effort, it doesn't give me an excuse not to.
  7. Try to stick to the 80/20 rule.  (My hubby and I are both trying to eliminate processed and unnatural foods from our diets.  I think if I can do this 80% of the time, I'll be in really good shape.  More to come on this also)
So there you have it.  My 7 in '11.  Get it?  7 11?  I'm a dork...moving on.

In other news - Weigh In Day again.  197.5...another lb down.  Can I get a Heck Yeah!?!?  So my total for December was 4 lbs.  This isn't great but I still lost weight over the holidays so I'm stoked about that.  My band has been a little tighter lately.  I can't seem to eat bread at all at this point and get stuck on things that I wasn't having issues with before.  I haven't gotten a fill so I'm thinking it's the added stress.  I won't be seeing the doc again until mid January so I'm rather grateful for the extra restriction.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and Happy Monday to one and all!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Great post, and losing weight over the holidays ia a majah VICTORY.

Jess said...

Good post! I really like this. I need to make a list although I don't usually believe in the whole new year's resolutions. I might try it.

Congrats on the ones you did accomplish though.

Patrick said...

7 in 11... I love it!
I think you should love the progress you made in '10 too, you have to feel better about yourself today than you did a year ago.

~Lisa~ said...

Heck Yeah!! GREAT post!! And I guess I'm a dork too - I totally got the "7 in 11" comment, and even chuckled!! Hey, you accomplished more of YOUR '10 resolutions then I did - I'm proud of YOU!!

And, here's another "Heck YEAH"! Just for the heck of it!! Great job!

Phil said...

Heck, yeah manda! Keep posting about the 5 and 10K training as I am on a similar journey with my first race in May this year. Scary!

Amanda Kiska said...

Sounds like you have some great goals and made fantastic progress last year! Happy New Year!