Progress

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lazy Days, Chicken and No Fill

Good morning everyone!

I was so overwhelmed with all the comments yesterday.  Again, I can not emphasize enough what a great community is out here in the blogosphere!   You all rock!

So after all the hoo-rah's from the weekend, I haven't been to the gym so far this week.  My usually M, W, F, S thing just isn't happening.  Monday, my ankles were still a bit sore...thought it'd be good to take the break.  Today...no excuse.  I'm meeting a friend after work for drinks and dinner and just didn't want to deal with the whole shower at the gym thing.  That leaves me 2 opportunities for the rest of the week.  I'm committing now to making it happen.  The good news is I've made good food choices so far this week and that always seems to be a battle.  Then again, it's only Wednesday but I've got a good feeling about the food. 

Chicken.  I eat so much chicken.  It's on the menu at least twice a week.  Mostly in the boneless, skinless breast variety.  So I need chicken recipes.  Preferably low fat, low carb.  I also don't want a whole lot of processed stuff with it...no flour (mmm...fried chicken.  Sound good to anyone else?), boxed sauces, etc.  I'm looking for some tasty, band friendly, mostly made from fresh ingredients recipes.  Any ideas?

I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment tomorrow with the band doc for another fill.  I'm cancelling it though.  Honestly, right now I feel like I'm in a pretty good spot.  If I eat what I'm supposed to eat, it keeps me satisfied for 3-4 hours.  It's when I eat the junk and the sugar that the appetite kicks in.  Easy enough, right?  Just avoid those foods.  Riiiiiiiight.  I'm still in charge of what I put in my mouth.  Anyway, my doc has always said that the band doesn't keep you from eating, only you can do that.  It's just supposed to satisfy you sooner and last longer.  It's doing that.  I'm hardly getting stuck on anything at this point.  I went through a little stint where I seemed to get stuck on the first bite of everything but I'm calling that user error.  I've slowed down and started really chewing and am doing OK with that.  So I'm rescheduling for sometime at the end of April.  By then, I may be due for another one.  Getting appointments with my doc isn't difficult so we'll see how I'm doing in a couple weeks.  For now, I feel like I'm in a pretty good place.

So it's been a little while since I gave a "What's Bugging Panda in the News" update.  So here we go.  USA Today is at it again.  You can read the plea for stories here.  It asks readers for their wedding weight loss stories.  How did you trim down for your wedding?  Feel free to participate but I get the distinct feeling that most of the people who respond will be people who "just had to lose 15 lbs" before the big day or they would "just DIE!"  And I'm also taking 4 to 1 odds that WLS isn't included in any of it (not that anyone should have WLS just for their wedding).  Everyone wants to look good on their wedding day and you want to make sure your dress fits and looks wonderful but it's just another example of how obsessed the media and America has become with outer beauty.  Anyway, it just seems that we're bombarded EVERY day by the media telling us that we must be thinner, prettier and younger than ever before.  Stepping down from soapbox now...

So there you have it.  Nothing all that exciting going on in my neck of the woods. It is Hump Day, thank goodness...halfway to to the weekend.  We can make it...

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Eatingwell.com

my favorite magazine ever and the online recipes are just as good! I have not made one thing from the mag that I haven't really like!

I did this with pork but I will do it with chicken next time. Crockpot, mexican spices, chicken..slow cook until shreaded, corn or flour tortillas, what ever taco stuff you like. We did guac. My husband loved it. I didn't eat the tortillas. I just deconstructed it in a bowl.

Jess said...

You could crush some almonds or walnuts or even pecans to make a "batter". Add some herbs and spices like basil, parsley, garlic powder and toss the chicken in egg whites then batter them with the nut batter and bake them in the oven. These are great and the crunchy nuts make you feel like you are eating an herby fried chicken. Very tasty.

~Lisa~ said...

We ARE going to make it!!

Have a GREAT rest of your week!!

Rhonda said...

Wow, it amazes me the kinds of stories papers are interested in these days. :(

I found a recipe I want to try the other day, it's chicken linguini, but it's not low cal or carb. Eek!