Progress

Friday, March 11, 2011

Really Just a Friday Funny

I have nothing really to write about today, but it doesn't seem right not to post on a Friday.  I would do BYOC, but Draz has made it perverted and wrong (j/k - I know it's your minions followers that got you into trouble) and I just can't answer those questions.  Head over to her blog if you dare.  The team picnic went fine.  I made my plate first (since the hot dogs were ready before the burgers and this way I could eat slow without people noticing).  That was an NSV for me.  I've never wanted to approach food first in a group setting.  I could just hear everyone thinking "Oh look...of course, the fatty wants to eat first."  I couldn't handle it.  I didn't think twice about it yesterday though.  I had a hot dog with the bun, a spoonful (regular spoon - not serving spoon) of potato salad, 4 chips and 4 pieces of mango.  One coworker did make a comment about how little I was eating but I told her my plate was full (and technically it was...if a little spread out) and the same coworker was puzzled as to why I didn't drink anything.  They only had soda which I have done pretty well at abstaining from and I forgot my water.  I ate VERY slowly but everything went down and stayed down and didn't even feel uncomfortable.  SUCCESS!  I had a cupcake a little while after that and a bite of a cookie that wasn't very good so I threw it away.  Yes, I threw away a cookie...a chocolate chip cookie (my favorite).  But I like chewy cookies and this one was crunchy.  I've decided that if I'm going to indulge, it better be worth it and if it's not.  Oh well.  That's a big change for me.  I used to eat a cookie regardless of whether or not it was REALLY good because, well, it's a cookie for God's sake!

Hmmm...now that I see how much I ate at lunch, I'm wondering if I need a small fill?  I have a doctor's appointment on March 31st but I was going to cancel it because up until now I've felt my restriction is pretty good.  We'll see how the weekend goes and then decide. 

Wow.  I really rambled about that cookie, didn't I?  Anyways, no big plans for the weekend.  I'm going out with my BFF for a girls' night Saturday so I'm looking forward to that.  My hubby and I are thinking of taking the girls to a Chili Cook Off Sunday.  We'll see.  It's supposed to be sunny and warm this weekend and in the upper 80's.  A good time to be outside.  I think Spring has officially sprung in AZ. 

General blogger question - how do you make those nifty side by side comparison photos?  I have 7 lbs to figure out how to do it.  LOL. 

And now for the Friday Funny...

7 comments:

Amanda said...

ha ha on the comic! Yah! I want to know how you make those side by sides too! And a Vlog. I just couldn't do the BYOC. I blushed! Ha.

Somedays I am shocked at how much I can eat! Wednesday was that kinda day. But then yesterday I could barely eat at all! I don't get it!

Rhonda said...

Yummm, cooookies. :)

Amanda Kiska said...

Throwing away cookies is a big deal, and I've been in that same situation myself where I start to eat something that isn't as good as I thought it would be and I decide to just toss it. It is very freeing.

nikki said...

piknik.com and go to "make a collage" :) That's how you make the side by side!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh honey - I did a G rated BYOC too so you can answer those questions if you like!

~Lisa~ said...

Hahaha! Cookies could be worth an entire blog - but not nasty ones! Sound loke you did great at the picnic! Good job!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on throwing away the cookie!! My "gut check" reaction to reading that was "OMG! she THREW AWAY her cookie?!?!?!" After exhaling the sharply indrawn breath, I smiled and thought "wow, way to go!!" Love your comic!
Keep on keepin on!!