Progress

Monday, April 18, 2011

Weigh In 4/18/11

Weigh In: 176.5. -1 lb from last week.  I have no idea how this happened.  Between Vegas and not cooking at all last week, I thought for sure I was due for a gain.  The scale gods must be smiling down on me or my scale is just broken.  Either way, I'll take it!  My band tightened up on me this weekend.  I couldn't eat very much at all yesterday which may have made the difference as well.  We were outside quite a bit on Saturday and I don't think I drank enough water.  Could the higher temperatures and slight dehydration have that kind of effect on the band?

Saturday we went to a Fraternity Alumni Picnic type thing for my husband.  The girls loved it as it was at this big park with a huge playground.  Not as many people showed up as I thought so it wasn't that intimidating.  I did have a freak-out moment where I lost my youngest daughter for a few minutes.  I found her, safe and sound but every parent knows that feeling of absolute dread when you can't locate them right away. 

Sunday was a lazy day spent cleaning the house.  We got out a little bit and let the girls play outside.  We tried not to stay out too long as it was in the upper 90's and just a touch hot for me.  Hubby broke out the mitts and played catch a little bit.  I used to play softball in my younger days and to be honest, I was pretty good.  Sometimes I miss it.  I think one of my goals in the next couple years (as the kids get older and a little easier to manage) will be finding an adult softball league to join.  Perhaps in 2012.

A boring weekend all in all but after Vegas, it's just what the doctor ordered.  My gallbladder ultrasound is tomorrow which means coming in early to work all week.  Blech.  There's just something unholy about getting up at 3:30 in the morning.  Those States side, reminder that today is Tax Day!  I kept forgetting my laptop over the weekend so I still need to pay my state taxes today.  Nothing like putting it off until the last minute, eh?  In honor of Tax Day, here is your Monday DEMotivator:

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay for a loss!! Boo for a gallbladder ultrasound! 90? ALready? wowser. It got to about 83 this weekend. Which was lovely!
Hope you have a great week Manda!!

Amy W. said...

Maybe what happens in Vegas stays in vegas...meaning the pound you lost is still there?

Patrick said...

LOL, love the Gvmnt poster!

Love as well your weigh in, most excellent!!

Love softball. I miss playing catch with my kids. They've grown to the point they don't play baseball anymore. Still, might need to get out the mits and just play catch.

Best wishes on the ultrasound!

Theresa said...

I hope all goes well with the gallbladder!

Bonnie said...

Isn't it great that we can lose while on vacation. Yea for the band. Good luck on your test.

Sam said...

Got to love a loss when your are away :o) Makes the whole journey just that little bit sweeter.

Congrats and have fun with the Tax Man :p