Progress

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

And Then There Was Light!

Yes, peoples!  I've gots electricity!  Wahoo!  Ahhh...so much nicer.

I wanted to send a shout out to Lyla who was kind enough to nominate me for a blog redesign by the infamous Jen of JustFoolinBlogDesigns .  Her blog redesigns (she's done quite a few of them here in Blogland) are just so creative and fun!  I don't know if it's just because my current blog design is just oh-so-dull, Lyla can barely stand it or if she just wanted to be nice, but I'm appreciative none the less.  If you don't follow Lyla, you should...she's making great progress and her blog rocks.  You can find it here.  Thanks again!

Last night, BFF and I went to the Melting Pot which is a fancy, shmancy little fondue place here in Phoenix.  Oh. My. God.  First, let me say that fondue is incredibly band friendly.  So if you're ever looking for something that you don't have to worry too much about it, fondue is the way to go.  Since you're dipping everything (except the meat) in cheese or chocolate...it turns everything into a mushy.  The protein (our platter had steak, shrimp, chicken and pasta...OK.  I know pasta isn't a protein but bear with me) comes with an assortment of different sauces so they wind up being pretty band friendly too.  Now, with all this band friendly food, I will warn you that you'll eat WAY TOO MUCH here.  I seriously stuffed myself and it was so freakin' yummy!

So we established I ate way too much last night.  I also had to pick up my oldest from school yesterday as she threw up all over the playground.  Lovely.  She couldn't keep anything down last night, the poor thing.  This is the last week of school so there are all kinds of fun activities planned.  She's so bummed she might miss some of them.

Otherwise, not a whole lot new going on.  I hope to make my way back to the gym in a couple weeks.  Things are just too hectic at the new house and with hubby's surgery to make it.  HOWEVER, I do have a treadmill at home and, by God, I'm going to use it.  I'm not sure how y'all are about home exercise equipment but mine have always tended to become...clothes racks.  Oh it doesn't start out that way.  No sirree...it starts out being used regularly and then after a couple months, it starts to collect dust, then you put a shirt on it just until you can find the time to hang said shirt up and the next thing you know it looks like a picked through sales rack at Macy's.  Then after a couple years of this, you finally get rid of it at a garage sale because you realize you're just not going to use it.  Now, in this case, it's not my treadmill.  It's my husband's treadmill...we bought it for him to use at home to work around his schedule since it's tough for him to find time for the gym.  And I'm proud to say that even before we moved, there were no clothes on this treadmill and we've had it for almost a year!  Well, for the next couple weeks, I'll be using it since the gym isn't in my immediate future.  I'm going to commit (right here...putting it in writing) to doing the treadmill twice this week and 3 times next week.  Then it's back to the gym and Zumba.  I just gotta get back to some kind routine.  This floundering around with food and exercise obviously isn't working for me.

Anywhoozle, if you'd like to head over to Jen's blog to help me get a new look for Candyland to Bandland, well...I'd certainly appreciate it.  I think you should head over there anyway.  There are a lot of great blogs nominated and a lot of very deserving people involved and you'd get to see some of Jen's work.  So how about a Hump Day Happy Thought to get us through the rest of the workweek?

1 comment:

Lyla said...

Yay, light (and air conditioning)!

I hope you win-- not because I hate your blog design (haha!) but because you're a great blogger and you deserve it.