Progress

Monday, May 2, 2011

Weigh In 5/2/11

Can you believe it's May already?  This year is seriously flying by.  Weigh In: 175.  + 1/2 lb from last week.  I knew this was coming.  I have to admit I had peeked at the scale a few times throughout this week and knew it was trending up.  Somehow, even knowing that wasn't enough to keep me from shoveling unhealthy stuff into my mouth.  It's scary how quickly old habits can rear their ugly heads.  I ate fast food and got into my nightly routine of ice cream or a Sonic blast for a nighttime treat.  Unacceptable.  But this a new week, a new dawn and a new day.  This week will be better.  I've got my meals and exercise planned and a new resolve to get back on track.

NSV #1:  I'm wearing a new outfit to work today and I caught a glimpse of myself in the window at work and thought.  "Wow!  I actually look almost normal!"  That's a good feeling.

NSV #2:  When I was a kid, like 8 or 9, my grandmother let my sister and I pick a piece of a jewelry that we wanted out of her drawer.  I barely remember doing this.  She said when we were old enough, she'd give it to us.  The last time my mom went to visit, my grandmother gave her a ring to give to me saying it was the one I picked all those years ago.  To be perfectly honest, I don't remember if this is what I picked or not but I was touched that she'd remember.  I tried it on then and couldn't get it midway past the knuckle on my finger.  Today, it fits.  I admit...a little emotional wearing it today.

Weekend was good, if uneventful.  Looked at 2 houses and I don't think either one is for us.  Really hoping a realtor we called over the weekend gets back to us today because I'm sick of trying to navigate this on our own.  We started going through stuff and made one stop at Goodwill already.  Probably many more trips to come. 

Big news around our house is my oldest lost her third tooth which happens to be one of the top two.  I think she looks adorable but she says she looks silly.  LOL.  Please excuse the bright windows...was taken with my hubby's phone.

And in the sense of fairness, my youngest just being her (and no, the one in the background doesn't belong to us...she just happened to be at the playground too):


I'd like to take one moment to touch on this.  Last night, President Obama announced the death of Osama Bin Laden.  Regardless of your political leanings or even your nationality, I think we can all agree that this man was the ringleader for an extremist terrorist group that has caused devastation to thousands of people around the world.  The fact that he is now gone means there's a little less evil in the world.  I, for one, feel proud that we were able to take him out.  Will this make a huge difference on terrorism around the world?  Probably not.  But it's a step.  This wasn't one day in our history...it was 10 years in the making.  God bless our troops (all troops - not just the American ones...this started as a united effort).

And on the lighter side and in honor of my recent eating and exercise habits, our Monday DEMotivator:

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Great post! Your girls are adorable!

Amanda said...

I've lost nothing! NOTHING since last tuesday! But I'm still happy!
You see to be too! Despite house hunting! Gack!

Amanda said...

Come have a cocktail with me. We can go work out first. Today would be a bad day for a cocktail for me though. 1/2 a serving of almonds, 2 string cheeses, 1/2 serving m&ms...water and coffee! Bad idea for a drink!

~Lisa~ said...

Terrific post!! I love the photos too! Thanks for sharing!