Progress

Thursday, May 12, 2011

We're Moving!

Not very far though.  LOL.  We got that townhouse we applied for earlier in the week.  It'll save us almost 30 minutes in our commute so that is awesome!  It's right near the girls' schools and my mom's house so it'll be a lot nicer drive than it is now.  Should save a bundle on gas.  We're probably overpaying to be where we are but we'll make it work.  I feel so much better just knowing we have a place to go at the end of the month.  So the next few weeks will be very busy packing, moving and cleaning.  Hopefully, that will keep snacking to a minimum and show a loss on the scale.

I did go for my second workout this week.  I did the treadmill for a 1/2 hour and weights for 1/2 hour.  It felt good to be there and I feel like I'm starting to get an active groove going.  I cheated and weighed myself this morning and was very disappointed in what I saw.  It looks like the initial stall when I start working out has hit.  It's also TOM and the sodium intake has been a touch too high lately so I'm hoping that some of it is water.  I'm hydrating like crazy today and hoping that will help.  Incidentally, this reminded me why I don't weigh mid week. I'm too prone to letting the fluctuations get to me.  Lesson learned.

I do have NSV to report.  I was walking down the street and the sun was to my back so I was walking toward my shadow and I realized that "Holy cow!  That shadow has a waist!  An honest-to-God little indent where your waist should be!  I have shape!"  It was awesome.

Otherwise things are moseying along.  I really wish it were Friday already.  So much to do around the house and I know it'll be a lot of work but I'd rather be doing that than here at my job.  It's just annoying me lately.  Still not sleeping great...thought getting the approval would help but doesn't seem like it.  It may just be the stress of having so much to do.  Needless to say, it's making me grumpy but what can ya do?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

What a fabulous NSV lady!!
Good news about the townhome too!

I wanna go back to bed today!

Amanda M. said...

Awesome NSV! :)

Steph said...

Woo hoo for the skinny shadow!!

Fluffy said...

Congratulations on the townhouse and finding your waist! Awesome!

Read said...

I can remember the first time I saw my shadow in a way that totally surprised me - what a great feeling!!