Progress

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Debbie Downer?

I know ever since my bandiversary post, it seems like all I can do is complain but to be honest, things have just kind of sucked since then.  It's life...and I guess this is just how life goes...but it seems to all come down on me at once.  The pinched nerve is better (I think) but right when I get rid of that pain, I find another one.  That gallbladderish pain that I had a few months ago?  The one they never quite figured out what it was?  It's back with a vengeance.  I have no idea what to do for it other than muster through.  I'm hoping it goes away on its own like the last time.  It seems dumb to bother the doc with it since we found nothing the last time we ran all the tests.  The family stuff still isn't good.  A little background (not a lot because it's WAY too personal, yet PUBLIC to put out on my blog...confusing, no?)... my brother and I are not close.  We used to be about ten years ago but haven't been close for the last 5 or so.  A lot of that stems from my sister in law.  She's just a terrible person.  So when this recent something happened in their family, I was really taken back by how much it's affected me.  Losing sleep, having nightmares (prone to them anyway), eye twitch, pinched nerve.  It's just crazy.  And while it's all kind of simmering and getting better, it seems a new blow is dealt each day that kind of sends me reeling.  It's affecting my parents as well (of course, it's their son) and we all don't necessarily agree on what brought it on, how to handle it and where things should go from here.  We don't have to agree as it's not our lives but it's hard to stay out of it.  *sigh*  Families...

So how about we find something good?

NSV:  I got a Vic.tor.ia Se.cre.t catalog in the mail this week.  I stopped looking at their stuff years ago.  Not everything was available in my size and if it was, it was more expensive.  I was looking at their clothes (not the lingerie; although I love that too!) and found that their standard sizing is 0-14.  I'm standard!!!  I still can't buy anything because I can't afford it but just knowing that I can fit into those cute clothes I see in there makes me feel better.

Eating has gone well this week (so far).  It's only Wednesday but I've stuck to the plan.  Eating only what I bring to work (keeping snacking to a minimum) and have eaten at home or brought my own for every breakfast, lunch and dinner so far.  Oh!  That reminds me...tried something new last night.
This stuff was great!  The vegetables are carrots, spinach and tomatoes.  Tasted fantastic and there's a full serving for vegetables in every 4 oz.  I made this with a little marinara and put a little sauteed chicken in the sauce for some extra protein.  My kids loved the rainbow look of it and said it tasted just like regular pasta.  Little did they know they were getting some veggies!  There's also like 7 g of protein or something in each serving.  So add that with the chicken and it's a pretty filling meal.  I had about a cup and was stuffed.

OK.  So that's all I got.  Hubby's got a security interview tomorrow and then a polygraph on Monday for this new job.  Keeping fingers crossed that all goes well.

I have a doc appointment tomorrow for a fill.  I think I could definitely use one.  Have a great Hump Day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope things get better for you soon, Manda.
That pasta looks great. I am going to look for it when I go shopping next.

Theresa said...

Sending good vibes your way. Hang in there!

~Lisa~ said...

Sorry to hear about the family stuff.. (((hugggsss)))

Terrific NSV!! Knowing we can fit into some of that stuff feels sooo good! That pasta sounds wonderful, too - I'm going to have to try some, thanks for the review!

I'm sending you 'n the Hubs prayers and good vibes...

Rhonda said...

Virtual hugs for your rough time lately. :) And thanks for the idea about the pasta, sounds like a great meal the kiddos would enjoy!

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry! HUGS!!

Melissa W said...

Sending good thoughts your way.........BUT, GREAT NSV!! Way to go!

Kristin said...

WOW love that NSV. I cannot wait for that one myself! I also used to be able to fit into their stuff way back about 10 years ago.

Sorry about the family stuff. Life can suck at times for sure. Sending you lots of hugs to help you through.

Cece said...

<-- jealous of the VS catalog shopping. :) Thanks for the scoop on the pasta ... will have to give it a try !