Progress

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hooray for Hump Day!

Halfway through the week...thank God!  So how are things going this week,  you ask?  Swimmingly.  We did go off plan and have chinese last night.  I ate a bit too much but didn't go crazy.  Back to plan today.  I feel really good about my eating so far this week.  Got to the gym yesterday which is always fabulous.  Thinking of going again tomorrow.  Imagine that.

So, I believe this has been discussed before but I experienced something yesterday at the gym that just creeped me out so much, I have to post about it here.  The locker room.  Now I'm not one who uses the bathroom stalls for changing.  Part of the reason is because the bathroom stalls is just around the wall from the showers and just across from the sauna.  So in a word, it's hot in there.  And humid.  Not ideal for changing.  So I change in the locker room in front of God and everybody.  For me, it's all business.  Get out of clothes, get back into clothes as quickly as humanly possible.  There are those that linger and prefer to "air dry" after their shower.  Whatever. Doesn't bother me much.  Yesterday morning at the ungodly hour of 5:00 after my workout, I'm putting on my make up at the counter.  There's a lady in her 50's getting dressed behind me and she's an "air dry" type.  Another lady comes in and starts talking to her.  Now I could tell these women were friendly but it was "gym friendly"... like I don't believe they are friends in the real world.  So the one lady turns to the naked lady and says, "Oh! You've got a great tan going on there!" and the other lady says "Thank you! I've been on vacation..." and so the conversation went.  I'm sorry but eeeewwwww!  Don't ever comment on the state of some stranger's naked body in the gym locker room!!!  The only reason people feel OK undressing in there is because it's understood that you're not going to look!  And if you do look, you hide it like all the other respectable busy bodies and perverts in the world! OK...Sorry...just had to get that off my chest.

New(er) Blogger Alert - Please go visit Elizabeth here!  She was banded at the end of June and I know she could use all the veteran bandster support y'all are so good at!
 

9 comments:

Nora said...

Grrr, old naked ladies.

Shannon said...

ugg not cool!

Leslie said...

That is so yucky!! Why do people do that?? I don't know but it freaks me out.

Rhonda said...

Maybe it works for women who need a self-confidence boost, but I'm inclined to agree. I want people to look the other way when I got my titties out.

~Lisa~ said...

uhm... ewwwwwwwwwwwww... can't say any more. Ewwwwww!!!

Theresa said...

An air dryer...interesting!

Anonymous said...

Humid or not, I am a bathroom changer.

jennyr1222 said...

You are hilarious and so lovely with your comments! I'm in Phoenix for two weeks at Christmas! I say a bandster dinner in AZ!

Amanda said...

what is it with naked ladies at the gym! I have never been a lover of getting dressed in the locker room!! But I do it.. I just can stand people who linger naked. OR bend over close to me!! Grrrrrr