Progress

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

When You Have Nothing To Post...

It's time to bore people.

I haven't gotten pictures uploaded yet so you'll have to wait to see my little darling all princess'd up.  Honestly, there just isn't much to report.  I'm still eating like crap.  I'm still not exercising.  It's the last day of the month and no way am I going to hit my exercise goal.  Overall, I'm just not motivated to do much right now.  I don't know if it's just because the last couple weeks have been so busy.  I don't know if it's because that until I get the hang of the new job, there isn't much to do so I'm boredom eating.  I don't know what the deal is.  I DO know it's not just me.  I'm seeing it all over Blogland lately.  Outside of Blogland, I'm seeing it in my own house.  Hubby is pretty down about having to have another surgery (which insurance still hasn't pre-approved yet) and the fact that it seems that nothing can go easy for us...EVER.  He has virtually no restriction (can't get a fill because of the stupid flipped port) so he's fallen off the deep end with the food lately too.  Last night some family drama creeped in again and that's never a good thing.

So there you have it.  The poor, poor pitiful me story of Panda.  But, but, but for the first time in awhile, I think I found something I want to do.  It's the Color Run!  The link is here.  Basically it's a 5k that benefits a Children's Medical Center and they blast you with paint at each 1k marker.  Some details below.  Hubby and I are thinking of doing it together and maybe even letting the kids come along.  Not sure if they could make it a whole 3 miles but we'll see.  If I do with Hubby and the kids, I'll obviously walk it but if I do it on my own, I'm going to try to run it.  It's in January so we'll see how it shakes out.  They have them in several states, so you may want to check out the link and see if there's one near you.  


HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Color Run is a one of a kind experience that is less about speed and more about enjoying a color crazy day with your friends and family.  For our events, it is about people of all different speeds, ages, shapes, and sizes toeing the start line.  Whether you are a casual morning mall walker or an Olympic athlete, the 3 miles of the Color Run course will be the most enjoyable real estate you’ve traveled in a VERY long time.  (If you have more questions about how it all works, check out our “ABOUT” page.)
RACE RULES
Rule #1
 All participants are welcome… fast, slow, runner, walker, old, and young.
Rule #2 White shirt dress code at the official start line and ready to roll no later than 9am sharp!
Rule #3  Completely colored Willy Wonka goodness at the finish.

What else?  Oh!  The meeting the other day went pretty well.  We had 40 items to touch on and got through half of them so I had to schedule a follow up.  Facilitating wasn't nearly as scary as I thought and I just had a few things to follow up on so no biggie one way or another.  

That's all I got folks.  It is Wednesday, however, and with some lucky Wednesdays, you get a Hump Day Happy Thought...

10 comments:

vickyd said...

The Color Run sounds like a blast! I wish they had one in New Orleans but I might seriously look into doing the one in Atlanta.

Dawnya said...

The color run sounds cool. I'm going to see what the have in Texas.

Dawnya said...

You will get your motivation back. So will hubby. It's just hard to see it when everything seems to be going wrong. Don't give up...and tell hubby...he can beat this. Tell him the food will not make him feel better. Tell him I'm cheering for him.

Amanda said...

okay so I am obviously really behind...so whats going on with the hubby??

chloes_countdown said...

Hang in there, my friend. This journey will always have it's ups & downs. I'm cheering for you :)

Rachel said...

Amanda Panda...thank you for your encouraging words...Hope hubby's situation turns around...sending you good wishes and some magic..

Sam said...

Glad to hear the meeting went well, and I Poe that you and hubby can get back on track. Although it must be hard for home to have little restriction. I think it is terrible that the doctor doesn't just fix the port himself, as it can't be normal for a port to fli twice!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie- I feel your pain. If I let myself think about everything that is wrong in my life- I feel like the world is against me. I just try not to think about it much.....
Give yourself a "feeling not motivated" time limit and then get back to work on your health.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Well that just sucks about the hubby and the fill and all that. You're right though - the feeling seems to be permeating everything. Hang in there - we got your back. xoxo

Cece said...

the run sounds like a great way to get the mo-jo turned around for December and if you do it in December then you'll be set for January ! Hope you get some good answers from ins company soon !