Progress

Thursday, December 29, 2011

2 Post Thursday

2 posts in one day?!?!  From me?!?!  Impossible!!!

Well, believe it Candyland players....because I've been spending a good bit of today reading back through my old posts.  I just picked a few dates and started reading from there.  And I noticed a couple things:

  • I use bullets a lot.
  • I'm long winded.  Seriously...how can you people follow someone who rambles on and on and on about virtually nothing?
  • I have seriously lost sight of where I started, how far I've come and how motivated I used to be.
Obviously, I'm going to harp on that third bullet.  My early banding posts were so focused, so driven, so... positive.  I knew - KNEW- that even if I was having an off week or whatever that I was going to do what needed to be done to get back on track and back to do what I knew I had to do.  And something has happened.  I've become complacent.

Reading through those posts, I remembered how driven I was and how motivated.  I can see that I have struggled with exercise through out this entire journey and am constantly struggling to be more active.  I saw how I set lofty athletic goals and then worked diligently, sometimes for MONTHS, to obtain them.  So what the hell happened to that person!??!!?  Life.  That's what.  It is impossible to stay so myopic about something all the time, day in and day out, year after year.  Well, folks.  Not for me.  Not for you.  Not for any of us.  This losing weight thing we've all embarked on...this was a long haul prospect.  Your health is with you FOREVER.  This was about obtaining a better quality of life.  Have I obtained that yet?  Yes and no.  Some things are way better but I've still got a LONG way to go.  And I'm not going to stop until I get there.  Starting right now...I'm back on the positivity wagon, I'm back on an active wagon and I'm back on the road to success.  In the words of Jerry Maguire, WHO'S COMING WITH ME?

15 comments:

Linda said...

I'm with you!!! I'm tired of goofing around with these last 15 pounds.

Sarah G said...

I'm with you Band-sista!

A.J. said...

*Picks up goldfish and follows out the door*

Samantha said...

You had me at motivated! <3

Anonymous said...

I am with you! (sorry, I do not have a goldfish)
I think you just reminded us all why we blog- you let yourself and your words remind you of where you want to be. I am very impressed.

Sarah said...

Me!!!! As a "baby bandster" I am a long way behind but I'm coming too.

Dawnya said...

Good post and so on point for many of us. We find some success and then we lose focus. This is a great time for refocus. I know for me it happened when I reached a year out and was only 40 lbs down. I made a few changes and a month later I've lost 10 more pounds.

I'm on the wagon with you! Hold on this is going to be one hell of a ride!!!!

RockBand Barbie said...

Me, me!!

Kristin said...

i am with you all the way to the finish line!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Totally with you. Yup.

Cece said...

LOL ... good one, Jerry. er, I mean MandaPanda ...

Sam said...

I'm with you :o)

Andrea said...

Yay! I'm totally with you!

Rhonda said...

You... complete... me. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Wagon a jumping on I am going!

Happy New Year!

-Patrick
Moved my blog to>
http://responsibility199.wordpress.com