Progress

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tag

It will probably be a 2 post Tuesday as I have tag and a couple other things I want to touch on.  We'll get tag out of the way first.  I find it hilarious that most of us probably hated playing the real tag in school but I digress.


The Rules

1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ Blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 peeps!

11 random things (it's really difficult to come up with stuff y'all don't know after 3 years of blogging):
  1. I refuse to make more than 1 dinner a night.  If my kids don't like what we're having, they don't have to eat.
  2. I sing my kids 3 songs before bed every night (they each get their own and then 1 together)
  3. I am NOT a good singer.
  4. We bought my daughter a Nintendo 3DS for Christmas.  It's the first game system I've owned in over 10 years.
  5. I love having pockets but wouldn't buy pants that had them (except for jeans) for YEARS because I thought they made me look fatter.
  6. I don't have a degree but most of my colleagues and my husband's friends think I do.  I don't correct them.
  7. My grandfather was full blooded Italian (from Italy) and my grandmother was full blooded Germany (from Germany) yet I can speak no Italian nor German.  Sad.
  8. I dream of moving my family overseas so that my kids can learn a different culture and maybe pick up an accent.  Kids with English or Australian accents are just so darn cute!
  9. I grew up in South Carolina and had a serious accent.  I moved when I was 14 and just wanted to fit in so worked really hard to get rid of it.  Now I kinda miss it.
  10. Big Bang Theory is my favorite TV show.  We have like a million episodes on DVR that we play whenever nothing's on.  My kids love Sheldon so when they knock on doors now they knock three times and say your name, over and over and over and over. LOL.
  11. Hubby and I are getting new computers (laptop & desktop) and I think we're converting to Mac's.  I'm excited! 



MY Questions from JennxAZ:
1.  Paperback, nook, kindle or other?  Paperback or hardback.  I still like feeling a book in my hands.
2.  Favorite place to vacation? The beach...love the sound and smells of the ocean.
3.  Mommy or daddy's girl? Mommy - for sure
4.  Tomboy or girlie girl? A cross between the two - crude sense of humor meets someone who LOVES make up!
5.  Did you play sports in school?  explain  - Yeppers.  Softball.  I was good.  Wish I wouldn't have quit.
6.  PC or MAC?  PC but looking to convert.
7.  Favorite band or singer of all time? Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, George Strait (See a pattern here?)
8.  Favorite movie of all time? Gone with the Wind - what can I say?
9.  When you go to Vegas...slots or tables? Tables - blackjack and craps...so much fun but I usually wind up playing some video poker too.
10.  Beer or wine or none? Depends on the mood...Fried food and spicy stuff goes best with beer but a party, hors d'voures or finger foods = wine.
11.  Favorite reason to blog? Not only do I find great support here but when I'm having a bad day, it just feels great to let it all out on paper..umm..the web I mean.

Questions from Jessica:
What is your most played song on your iPod? (or if you don't have an iPod, that one song you listen to over and over and over) I honestly don't have one.  I just don't listen to music that often other than in my car
What's your least favorite thing about yourself? My negativity - I wish I were a more positive and upbeat person.
What is your favorite smell? Cinnamon
Do you dream or have nightmares? Nightmares - bad ones - and I act them out.
What is your "go to" healthy snack?  string cheese or fruit
Are you a morning person or a night owl? Morning person but not by choice
Do you lock your doors? The front door - yes.  Back door - Nope.
In which store would you max out your credit cards? Target or a home store
What is the best/worst job you've ever had?  Best - My current one (sad), Worst - I was a seating hostess at Perkins - it sucked.
What is the one TV program you can't live without? I don't really have one.  I love Big Bang but I lived without cable for so long that TV really isn't a big thing for me.
Can you function without coffee? Yes but I would undoubtedly wind up on the news


I know the rules say no cop outs on tagging people but I've been reading through blogs and think most of the people I would tag have already been so I won't be tagging anyone but I've loved getting to know everyone better!

Stay tuned for Post #2 (it's far less interesting...about kettlebells, old videos, self image and how many push ups I can do.  Exciting stuff...really.)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Mmm, cinnamon. I love that smell. I put it in my greek yogurt every morning! :)

The line about coffee made me literally LOL. :)

Gosh, Manda... can't believe you didn't tag anyone. hehe

Sarah said...

I love cinnamon too and would definately be the same situation without the coffee. I went to a conference once where they only had decaf ... it was NOT a good day.

Love the idea of teaching your kids about another culture but as for the accents, it really depends on where you are. Round here the british accents aren't so great. I teach children who say uver (other) maffs (maths) furteen (13) warta (water). It's not so cute.