Progress

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

No Witty Title

I have no witty title today...mostly because I don't really have anything to write about.  The girls had a fabulous Valentine's Day.  We had Taco Bell for dinner so all was right with the world.

We have decided to fix Hubby's car.  A friend of a friend is a mechanic and is trustworthy.  He's also thinking it's going to cost way less than the other 2 places we took it so we're willing to give it a shot.  Let's hope it works.  That being said, he has to keep the car for a day or two.  That meant rearranging things for picking up my girls.  I came in late today and my mom is picking them up.  I'm going to try to work from home tomorrow to deal with it then.  Gotta love the little inconveniences life throws at us.

Hubby and I have another date night on Friday.  He wants to take me shooting.  I've never been particularly comfortable around guns.  Hubby's been around them since he was little.  He usually does shotgun type things but this is an indoor range so handguns (is that the right word?) it is.  Every woman I know who has gone shooting has liked it and says it's so much fun so I'm looking forward to it.  We're going to dinner afterwards.  Interesting, if not overly romantic, date, eh?

I had a kick ass day at work yesterday.  I had a meeting I was dreading for over a week but it went so well and made me look really good so it made me feel good about some of the progress I'm making in my new role.

Food & Exercise:  What can I say about either of these 2 things?  Not a whole lot.  To be honest, I'm not focusing.  I don't know why...it's just not at the forefront of my mind right now.  I have been paying much closer to attention to feeling satisfied vs full and have been adjusting my eating accordingly.  Paying much more attention to portions and how much food I leave on my plate.  I'm making a concerted effort to actually LEAVE food on my plate.  What I'm not focusing on is WHAT is going on my plate and how much I'm moving after I eat it.  I know where I need to work on things...why I don't is what's causing problems.  I've definitely got some kind of mental block going on.

So that's where we are all you stud muffins out there.  Hoping that motivation kicks in here eventually...I know I just need to suck it up and do it..so why don't I?

7 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Good luck with the car. Going to the range sounds like fun, great date idea. To answer your questionnnn, maybe baby. ;) wink wink.

Sarah said...

Will keep my fingers crossed for the car and hope it works out well. As for the shooting date, I think it's good you're keeping an open mind. If it doesn't work out, you can tell him lots it was rubbish and get to pick the next 8 date night activities. :-D xx

A.J. said...

No witty comment. *grin*

Leslie said...

My dad uses handguns and takes my husband shooting and such but I have never gone, I don't know. It scares me, I have nothing against others using them but I'm afraid I'd do something stupid and hurt someone. I think it's the klutz in me.

Amanda Kiska said...

Enjoy your fun date!

Amy said...

:) sounds fun. I've always wanted to do that. mostly at my ex-boss, though. :P just kidding! have fun!

Rhonda said...

I always wanted to go to the gun range! How was it, are ya hooked? :)