Progress

Friday, February 3, 2012

Shred Day 1 - Check

So yesterday I started the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred program.  Level 1.  All the levels are 20 minutes..just the intensity picks up.  So like a good girl, I started with Level 1.  It really wasn't too bad.  There was one point where I thought my arms were going to fall off but I kept up with the cardio stuff OK and actually felt pretty good about it.  I know there was a time where Day 1 would've killed me but not anymore.  I didn't even do the "beginner" modifications.  I kept up with Jillian just fine, thank you very much.  I'm thinking 4 or 5 days on level 1 and then I'll be more than ready to move on to Level 2.  I have not looked ahead.  I don't want to scare myself.  One thing I was happy to see is that Level 1 does incorporate crunches and push ups in the routine so I'm still getting my practice in for my annual goals.  My girls did this workout with me.  The youngest got sick of it about half way through the but the oldest gutted it out until the end.  When Hubby asked how it was, she said "I loved it!"  Seriously..are we sure she's mine?  I'm convinced she was switched at birth and her marathon running parents have a little chubby kid who refuses to stop watching TV and they just can't figure out where they've gone wrong.

Random thought:  Chocolate covered peanuts are totally OK because peanuts have protein, right?

So JennxAZ was kind enough to let me know that for the last two years, Climb to Conquer Cancer has offered a bus ride down the mountain so you don't have to hike down.  I'm signing Hubby and me up whether he likes it or not.  Being able to do stuff like this is what motivates me to exercise and get in shape.  I'm hoping it has the same effect on him.

Thank you all for your suggestions and sympathies with the car situation.  After googling and talking to some people who would know, there's really no good way to fool the emissions people.  Hubby noticed the check engine light was off yesterday (the mechanic must've reset it) and took it in but the error codes were still in the car's computer so it technically failed.  We've decided to trade it in.  We don't want to have car payments right now so we'll most likely get another clunker (that DOESN'T have any current issues) and call it good.

This weekend promises to be a low key one.  After last weekend where it was nonstop, this will be a nice change of pace.  My oldest managed to go the whole month of January without having to be reminded to stop talking in class, so I promised her something special.  I think a pedicure from Mommy, a new outfit from Build a Bear workshop (she's been begging for this) and maybe a treat would be just the ticket.  I'm also trying to talk the family into a family hike on Sunday.  I hope we make it out there.

And your Friday Funny:

1 comment:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Keeping up with the shred is awesome. I don't even think I could get through it!