Progress

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Darn!

I didn't work out yesterday.  There.  I fessed up.  Get off my case about it!  Just kidding.  So my motivation held throughout the day.  My eating was right on target.  I did have a very small handful (It was more like fingersful...like 10) of nuts that I had brought to work just in case.  But I made meatballs and a salad last night for dinner...and didn't even have a snack after that in the evening.  We got home, I did homework with my oldest, folded all the laundry and then made dinner.  My intention was to work out after dinner.  Well, that didn't happen.  The girls ran into a neighbor and her kids outside so I visited with her for awhile and had a cup of coffee chatting.  Then once they had left, I ran into my next door neighbor and stood and chatted with her for awhile.  By the time I made it back inside, it was time to put the kids to bed.  Needless to say, it wasn't happening after that.  I know this sounds like excuses and I guess in a way it is but it just didn't happen.

I am proud of myself for a couple of other things though.  1)  I stuck to my meal plan for the day.  2) I woke up late this morning, forgetting that I wanted to take a shower in the morning (I usually do it at night) and get gas before work.  But I still made my lunch to take to work today instead of chalking it up to having no time.  I was 6 minutes late to work but worth it.  3) I had another NSV last night.  I have an apron.  No...I'm not Martha Stewart but I found myself slopping all over my work clothes when I make dinner so my mom bought me an apron.  I could barely tie it around my back when I got it.  Last night...not only did it tie but it wrapped around to where I could tie it in the FRONT.  Like so...
Not me or my apron, just an example
Today's work out is supposed to be 30 minutes of cardio.  I'm thinking the treadmill at home.  I have a salad and deviled eggs with me for lunch and am meeting my BFF for dinner tonight.  So obviously going out for dinner but that makes me even happier that I brought my lunch.

Hope y'all are having a good Tuesday.  :)

11 comments:

Reggie said...

That is a happy dance worthy NSV!

JD said...

Love NSV's like that!!! And I am really proud of you for still packing your lunch. I'm such a lazy ass in the morning, and get up at 515 to go to work now, I always make sure everything is made the night before, because otherwise, it ain't happening. I still forgot my protein this morning, but that doesn't happen often! Of course, I don't have two little girls either!! I think you should be proud - sometimes, shizz just doesn't get done. Maybe focus on just the food this week, and solidify that before moving on to tackling the workout...it might be easier to integrate one thing at a time? Just a thought...hugs!

Lap Band Gal said...

Awesome NSVs! :)

Morgan said...

Yah for the apron and packing your lunch. Not just taking the easy way out is a huge NSV, I think that is one of the reasons we got to where we were. It's easier to pick it up at a drive through then do it ourselves....at least that was a reason I got to where I was. Anyway, congrats for you!

Morgan said...

And one more thing, I just read your quote at the top and I LOVE it! Too funny. I am going to stitch that on a pillow or something.

Sam said...

I have never managed to go do a workout after dinner, I think it is something I should strive for, because my workouts need some sort of backup plan :o)

tz said...

awesome NSV...cute apron too

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

Oh my gosh. YOu could wrap it around and tie it in the front??? Amazing!! You're doing awesome!

Andrea said...

Good job on the meal plan! And love that NSV!

jennxaz said...

awesome NSV..hey we aren't perfect!

Rhonda said...

Love the NSV! I love my apron, I'm a sloppy cook and baker, though. LOL

Proud of you for sticking to the plan... even if only eating-wise. Can't change everything at once! Baby steps. :)