Progress

Monday, March 5, 2012

Hubby Birthday Weekend WrapUp

Good morning.  Thank you all for your supportive comments on the last post.  Just a point of clarification...when I say this is the new "fat panda."  I simply meant to illustrate how the perspective can change over time.  While 160 seemed like a great feat a few months ago, it simply is not good enough anymore.  Now on to the weekend.

This was Hubby's birthday weekend and in true family man style, it was spent with me and the girls just doing family stuff.  I know, I know...not exactly "epic."  Anywhoo...On Saturday we went to see The Lorax.  Pretty good film.  I'm not real sure why it's rated PG instead of G as there wasn't anything inappropriate in it for my girls (6 and 4), although I know some of the undertones about capitalism was missed on them.  Anyway...I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a good kids' flick.  My girls liked it and there was lots of singing and music which always helps move kids' movies along.  

Sunday, we spent the morning at the Phoenix Botanical Garden.  They have a butterfly exhibit there that's pretty cool.  We all had at least one land on us and my oldest had 3 at one time!  We found out later it was because she was wearing white. Apparently, white and yellow are the colors to attract butterflies.  We'll probably see this exhibit once more (we have season passes to the Garden) before Butterfly Season ends, so we'll know what colors to wear for next time.  Here are some pics:
I think these were my favorite - love the blue on the ends

Hubby with a Butterfly

Close Up

She was good and held very still for them. Youngest is a little mad that she hadn't had one land on her yet. LOL


Just getting acquainted

My hand on my youngest' belly...it tickled.

Finally!  Lori got one on her leg...we waited a LONG time for one to land on her.


Maddie as a caterpillar

Lori as a butterfly
The rest of the day was spent just hanging out at home.  Exciting stuff.  I made a decision about the Warrior Dash.  I'm going to do it.  I have a 7 week training plan figured out (recommended by their website) and I start today.  I'll do a more detailed post about what that looks like later.  I'm also doing the Glow Run...only I'll be walking it.  The two events are the same day.  I'm pushing myself to do both because 1) I REALLY wanted to do the Glow Run and 2) I think I can handle it.

And to get us all up and motivated this morning, our Monday DEMotivator:


5 comments:

jennxaz said...

I took Johnny to Lorax he loved it and I thought there was lots of good talking points about the environment, greed and it was just plain good!

jennxaz said...

I took Johnny to Lorax he loved it and I thought there was lots of good talking points about the environment, greed and it was just plain good!

Theresa said...

Love this pics, sounds like a great weekend!

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!! The weather was perfect for the Botanical Garden, huh?!
Awesome news about the Warrier Dash, you are braver than I!

Stacey said...

What a great weekend! Of course it was epic, unstresful family time is something to REALLY appreciate and cherish!