Progress

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Irritated

My band, that is.  After my lunchtime fiasco, my band slammed shut for the rest of the day.  I managed only a couple bites of dinner before it all came back up.  Hate when that happens.  I could actually feel liquids slide down last night so will be taking it easy on the food front today.

Random Fun Fact - Oreo celebrated its 100th birthday yesterday!  You can read about this fun cookie here but I think we can all agree that Oreos are the best thing EVER.  I think we should change the old expression of "the best thing since sliced bread" to the "best thing since oreos."  We should start a movement.  Who's with me?  My question for you all is "What's your favorite way to eat an oreo?"  Personally, I'm a dunker.

Not a whole lot going on in my little world.  No update about my grandmother since Friday.  I need to give my mom a call sometime today to see what's up and when she might be coming back to town.  The girls are on spring break next week.  We're not doing anything particularly special. Hubby is staying home with them the first 3 days and I'm working from home the last 2 days so we don't have to pay double daycare for the week.  I need to think of some things to occupy their time.  I think I may take them to get some portraits done.  It's been awhile and I love having pics of both of them dressed up and cute.

Otherwise I'm just trying to get through this workweek.  It seems long.  Last night, my youngest woke me up at 12:30 with a nightmare, than an owl start hooting right outside my window at 2 and then my next door neighbor (we share walls) had to get up and get his kid ready at 4.  It's like the world was conspiring against me sleeping for some reason.  I feel like pulling a Dawnya and catching a power nap in my car during my lunch break.  Ahhhh...we'll see.

How about a Hump Day Happy Thought to get us through until Friday?


5 comments:

Reggie said...

I like my oreos straight up. However, I may be using Stephanie's (Dreams of Skinny High Heels) recipe for Slutty Brownies that include oreos in between layers of choc chip cookie dough and brownie.

RockBand Barbie said...

I like the double stuff...I twist it apart, eat the cream and usually throw the cookie part away.

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

Oreos make me go insane .I can't eat them or I gain 50 pounds b/c I end up eating all of them!! lol

Becky said...

Oreos? Seriously? Are you trying to make me gain even more? :)))

Keep it coming! That's how I like my Oreos!

Oh sleep... I'm a insomniac since basically birth. And when one thing happens, like your kid having a nightmare, you know it will keep on coming your way and there is no sleep for you. *hugs* and hope for a better night. I'm planning on sleeping with a pill tonight, so I'll send an hour of sleep your way, may be it'll help :)

Rhonda said...

I'm a dunker, too... when I've eaten them in the past. Personally, I'm more of a chocolate chip cookie kinda gal.

Hope the childcare situation works out so you both can stay home a few days with the little ladies!