Progress

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hump De Hump Day

Don't ask about the title.  I think I've run out of creative ways to title my posts.

Despite being pulled into a call that left me leaving the office 30 minutes late yesterday afternoon, I made it to the gym.  I ran a mile (13:03) and then did my weight training.  I swear there's something up with the gym's air conditioning though as I was absolutely sweating buckets by the time I left.

How did I eat?  Pretty good.  I had an unexpected lunch out with a couple of coworkers.  We went to Chili's.  Not a lot of great options there.  Even their "lighter choices" have almost 750 calories!  I went with a grilled chicken sandwich sans bun and a side salad instead of fries.  I looked up this meal on their nutritional info section of their website and they say "as served" is 1200 calories!  That's my allotment for an entire day! So I'm thinking taking out the bun and fries probably got me down to about half that so I feel OK about it.  For the day, I came in about 100 calories over.  I'm OK with this as my main goal is whole healthful foods, cutting out grains and sweets.  I also guesstimated lunch and maybe overestimated dinner a smidge.  I also don't like how MFP doesn't give you calorie burning for weight lifting.  Really?  I mean...maybe I just haven't figured it out yet but it seems like you can only keep track of reps and sets if you're lifting.  We all know you're burning calories with the strength training but I digress.  My reason for tracking is more for accountability than being hard on myself with calories as calorie counting isn't my ultimate goal.

We tried a new paleo dish last night.  Sauteed sausage with sauerkraut.  To be fair, I'm not a big of fan of sauerkraut but we tried it anyway.  Basically, saute 2 sausages (sliced), add diced peppers and zucchini after it's brown and saute together for about 5 minutes.  Add 2 cups of sauerkraut and cook until warmed through.  Voila.  It was pretty good.  Kids weren't huge fans but Hubby liked it a lot and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Quick and easy.
Not my pic but pretty close to how it looked
So overall a pretty good day.  I'm going to the gym again today.  I think I'm just going to walk for an hour and then do some weights.  My legs are pretty tired from the 2 days in a row of running (Sad, I know).  It is Wednesday which means we're half way through this week and I am exactly one week away from vacation. I am so ready.  And with that thought, how about a (few) Hump Day Happy Thought(s) to keep us on the motivation train?



5 comments:

jennxaz said...

I am so glad you are exercising...its cool to see the change in us!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

Hey!! So are you doing Paleo now? or maybe you were before and I missed it. I am getting really interested in this and you also mentioned weight lifting. Does that mean you are doing cross fit? I know a lot of people who are into that with Paleo. Well either way you are kicking butt!

JD said...

GOOOOOOOOO PANDA!!!! So proud of you, girl. It doesn't matter if you're tired after 2 days in a row of running, it matters that you're still going to the gym tonight!! Fake it till you make, baby! So proud of you!

Rhonda said...

You go girl - making a great choice when out to eat (especially with co-workers who sometimes try and nudge you into sharing appetizers) is a major NSV. :)

Patrick said...

You just reminded me how long it's been since I've had sauerkraut and let me say that it has been way too long.

Well done on another good day!

-Patrick
http://responsibility199.wordpress.com