Progress

Monday, August 27, 2012

Payson & Bandster Lunch

 So I had a pretty good and productive weekend!

Friday started with a mile run and weight training:

 Saturday, the family and I went up to Tonto Natural Bridge State Park.  This thing is awesome!
The Bridge - there's actually a little waterfall but this picture doesn't capture it.

The View

Decided we were going down there to that little bridge.


On the way down

On that bridge looking up at the Natural Bridge and waterfall



About to go under Bridge



There were a lot of these steps throughout

I look like a dork but it was a great day! :)
I was very proud of Hubby on this trip.  The steps up and down weren't easy for him and to get through the bridge involved some boulder hopping and stuff that isn't so easy on a bigger guy.  He took it like a champ!  As for me, I could've done the whole thing twice I think...makes me feel good about my fitness level.

Sunday, I met up with the AZ Bandsters for lunch at California Pizza Kitchen.  It was so fun to meet even more bloggers in the area!  We're already planning our next one in September.  Special thanks to Amy for putting this one together and sharing the pics!

From Left - Jenn, Me, and Elizabeth

Starting Front Left - Kelli, Amy, Jen, Jenn, Me and Elizabeth

From Left - Kelli, Amy and Jen
I can't wait to get together again!  I spent before and after lunch cleaning my house.  It looks pretty darn good.  Hubby and I are going to a Diamondbacks game tonight with my parents so that'll be fun...assuming my babysitter doesn't bail on us.   So no gym for me tonight...actually makes me a little sad.  Imagine that...bummed that I can't get to the gym.  Who am I?

By the way,  I'm biting the bullet.  I have a fill appointment on 9/10.  I realized that I've probably been living too loose for about 6 months now.  Eek!  I'll have another post dedicated to that another time.  So for a Monday DEMotivation:

7 comments:

jennxaz said...

I have to check out the park...told hubby about it! It was great seeing you again. AND I love the NSV of missing the gym---you go rockstar!

No name said...

What a fun weekend! I'm so jealous you got to meet up with all the bandsters!!!

Anonymous said...

Tonto Natural Bridge State Park sure looks like a great place to relax, or get a good calorie burn on at.

Very cool meeting up with local bloggers, wondering; I thought what happens at CPK stays at CPK?

Cat said...

LOVE the pictures! So gorgeous and what a feeling to finish the hike and feel you could do it all over again.

The lunch looks like so much fun! So jealous!

Stacey said...

I would love to go to that park! Absolutely gorgeous!

I am so jealous of you guys getting to have a luncheon together!

adorkbl said...

that park looks awesome. :) thanks for sharing some photos. and congrats on the run and activity. you go girl!

Rhonda said...

Looks like you gals had a blast! So glad you found some bloggers in your area to meet up with, it really is like meeting old friends, isn't it? :)

And that park looks like HEAVEN. When can I visit so we can go hiking there? lol