Progress

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

2nd Day of Christmas


On the second day of Christmas, my inner ego gave to me...a sense of humor that's sarcastic and witty!

Personally, I love my sense of humor.  I crack myself up and when I'm at ease with people, I think they find me pretty funny too.  In a way, I do think it came from having to be the "funny one" since I was also "the fat one," but it's never been fake.  I think that my sense of humor is a huge reason why Hubby and I get along so well.  I love being able to laugh together.  I also think that it draws people to me because they know I'm not going to be easily offended and that there's no reason to be guarded around me.  :)

In other news...Merry Maids.  What a load!  OK...I can't speak for the cleaning services because I won't be using them.  So I had decided that for the first time ever, I was going to hire a cleaning service.  I figured it would be nice with all the other things on my to-do list that scrubbing down the townhouse wouldn't be one of them.  So they came out for an estimate.  They want $450 to clean my two bedroom townhouse!!  I was floored.  I recognize that I'm not the cleanest person but this was absurd.  This also didn't include the windows, the oven or inside any cabinets.  Ugh!  I told her that I had no idea it would be so much and if I had known that, I wouldn't have wasted her time.  Of course, it's THEIR fault that their time is wasted because they won't just give you an estimate on the phone.  Really, it just wasted MY time.  Ugh. Ugh. ugh.  So I will be scrubbing down my own place, thank you very much, starting with the bathrooms this weekend.

That's all I got folks.  Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

What the holy hell???? That's insane. Do you know how many pairs of shoes you could buy with that? You should have shanked her.

jennxaz said...

Shank her...thats ridiculous...I could give you the name of my cleaning lady if you want..My hubby used to teach her son and she does a great job..text me if you want.

Leigh said...

I agree! Shank away. I think I have a good sense of humor too. I work with a lot of youth who have no affect and sadly my talents are wasted Monday to Friday, 9 -5:(