Progress

Friday, December 7, 2012

Little Bear = Big Drama

OK...so wow.  What a week.  OK...So how'd it all go with the Little Bear saga?  Oh boy.  Well, the new bear arrived...spitting image.  Great...washed him so he wouldn't be quite so fuzzy but he did look fairly new.    I had a friend write a letter from Santa saying he gave him a long bath and all that jazz, wrapped him up pretty and had my friend deliver him to our doorstop, ring the doorbell and run.  The girls were skeptical at first but eventually warmed up to the idea and were fully committed to this being the long lost Little Bear.  Success!


Letter from Santa

Lori wrote a thank you note to Santa for bringing LB back

Then it all went to hell in a hand basket.  That was Wednesday night.  Yesterday afternoon (Thursday), I get a call from my girls all breathless from excitement.  They had found the OLD Little Bear!!  Isn't it wonderful Mommy?!?!  Now we have 2!!!!  Awesome.  Fan-freakin-tastic.  I get home and sure enough.  There he is. They found him the office...the same office I cleaned top to bottom a couple weeks ago.  The same office I turned upside down looking for that stupid bear.  We had all turned every room in the house upside down looking for that bear.  Where the hell did he come from?  So I worried and pondered that this did the whole Santa thing in...even though I now believe in him more than ever because where else did this stupid bear come from?  Well, I don't know how and I'm not sure how they're rationalizing it but the girls all have it worked out in their minds and all is right and Little Bear now has a little brother - Teensy Bear.  Maddie suggested donating him but Lori wouldn't hear of it, saying Santa had brought him to us because he needed a good home.  *sigh*

So the moral of the story is if you don't have kids yet, don't even start with the Santa thing.  And don't ever try to switch the toys out because you'll get busted.  Way more stress than any of this was worth but now my little one is happier than ever with her 2 Little Bears that she slept quite soundly with last night.

In other news, Maddie had her 2nd grade performance last night.  Standing room only which sucked.  I had Lori up on my shoulders so she could see while I'm trying to video tape it for Hubby who, of course, couldn't be there for it.  The video is probably pretty shaky.  But NSV here...I was standing in heels (came from work), with 45 lbs on my shoulders for an hour and didn't feel like I was about to die or break my back.  Good stuff.
I couldn't get a good picture of her playing it during the performance so had her pose for one after...of course, Lori had to jump in

Another semi-busy weekend...I have a gingerbread party to go to on Saturday night, not overly thrilled but said I'd go so I'm going.  I have to take Lori to get new shoes and pick up Christmas gift for Hubby.  Then all the normal errands...grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, go through my closet for the move.  Fun stuff.

In the spirit of gingerbread house building, I give you a Friday Funny:

6 comments:

jennxaz said...

OMG on the little bear saga...holy crap can it get any more difficult. Man you are putting this single mom parenting to the test! Just standing for an hour in heels makes me want to cry.

Connie O said...

The Little Bear saga is going to be one of those family stories that you tell for years, and your daughters will still be reminding you of it when they are older than you are now!

That is a fabulous NSV.

Amy said...

LOL @ Little Bear. You tried your best, and that's all that matters :)

adorkbl said...

lol... such drama over a little bear. That will be quite the story when she is older. ;) Glad it didn't bust Santa out of the closet.

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

OK, I am SERIOUSLY cracking up over here. This really will get entered into family lore! I love it!

Theresa said...

That is so funny! Glad it all worked out...Santa rocks!