Progress

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Forgot to Weigh In

But I will tomorrow.

So a small personal victory this morning.  Since I didn't run Monday, I ran Tuesday morning (the plan is Mon, Wed & Fri and active on Saturday).  I woke up this morning and my back was tweaked a bit.  I had decided to wait until this evening and hope my back worked itself out.  On my walk home from dropping off the kiddos at school, I did some stretches and the back felt better.  "Good," I thought, "I'll run when I get home."  I walk into my house with the phone ringing...already someone from work needing something.  *SIGH*  OK...So I sat down and dealt with that.  Hold on...I'm getting to the point...stay with me.  Then I checked my calendar, saw I had a break this morning so I got up and did my run.  Do you realize how many opportunities that was this morning to NOT do my run (because we all know I wouldn't do it after work)?  So I felt good that I did my run at all.

I did exactly 2 miles in 30 minutes.  15 minute pace with a low incline.  Not too shabby for not feeling it at all.  :)

Tomorrow's a rest day, thank goodness.  Eventually I'll use those "off days" to do some cross training but not this week.  I don't want to overwhelm myself and end up giving up on it all together.  Food is also going fairly well so far this week.  Limited snacking and when I do, it's on healthy stuff.  I'd be surprised to see a loss tomorrow as I pigged out Sunday.

Hump Day Happy Thought:

8 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Forgot to weigh in, huh? Apparently you are not a scale whore like muwah? I get up in the middle of the night and while I'm up - I weigh. It's slightly insane. Great victory on running!

No name said...

YEAH! You go girl! That's a great run!!!

Anna said...

Great job getting that run in! :)

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo Good for you!! Way to stay motivated!

Anonymous said...

Proud of you for making the time to run!

Connie O said...

That is exactly the kind of mind-set that will keep you exercising against all odds!

On off days, consider an easy walk--nothing long, just 20 minutes or so. Lots of fitness experts recommend something like that for "active recovery" even if you are not cross-training. Also, it can give you a sense of continual momentum even though you aren't running every day.

jennxaz said...

you seem to be doing well and working at home seems to be "working" out for you---love you and hugs from AZ

Leigh said...

Yay on the run! Such a needy mistress running is, no?