Progress

Monday, September 22, 2014

Eating Out Challenge Update - 7/30

Hey there.  I have made it one full week without eating out at all...not even coffee.  7/30 days are done!  So far so good and my amazingly my bank account is only $30 lower this week than it was last week.  Amazing how that happens, huh?

I have created a monthly budget that I think we can stick to.  It does involve changing the way we pay our bills.  Hubby and I have managed our finances basically the same way since we combined households.  Our big bills come out of our joint account (rent/now mortgage, car payment, kid expenses, insurance) while things that were considered individual bills (gas, groceries, student loans, cell phone, gym, etc.) were taken out of individual accounts and we just kind of kept it even.  You see, of course, the problem.  The only things in that list that are actually individual at this point are the student loans and the gym.  The new approach will have us paying ALL BILLS out of the joint account and then whatever's left over will go into the individual accounts.  It's actually a pretty big mental shift but I think it's the best path forward for staying on top of everything and not getting into old habits.

I haven't weight myself in a month.  I'm still not going to weigh myself now but I know I should.  Denial is a fabulous place to be.

Hope y'all had a great weekend.  Mine was filled with unpacking stuff.  Oh joy.  Another week descends upon us and as it does, ask yourself...Am I doing everything I can to make this the best week it can be?  Chances are the answer is no.  I'm sure going to work on it though.

2 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I'm so tired of packing!! :) Your budgeting should be inspiring me, but I'm also in denial.

Rhonda said...

We need to work on our budget, too... I don't think we've eaten out the past day... I'm going to commit to this challenge with you!

...No SBux, even? LOL