Progress

Monday, January 5, 2015

And So It Begins....

Oh yeah...Here I am.  It's New Year's and true to the triteness of it all, I'm back at making my resolutions that I'm going to get healthy and fit this year.  Well, ya know what?  This time I really mean it.  Yes...that was said with some sarcasm but it is what it is.  So here we go...Introducing Panda's Goals for 2015!


  1. Get on with it!  My band has to be removed. I talked with the band doc and the endoscopy guy and we're gettin' 'er done in January or February, depending on when the stars align for both of these procedures to happen same day by both docs (one procedure removes the band part, the other removes the port and tube) and for me not to be traveling for work or the girls' gymnastics meets.  Either way, that bad boy is coming out EARLY this year and we're moving on.  No more moping, wondering, thinking, lingering or anything else on this.  It's done...band is broken...nothing I could've done, nothing I can do about it other than get it OUT.  So there you have it.
  2. Get healthy and fit again!  Of course this was going to be on the list...you know me too well.  I will weigh every Monday morning.  I want to lose 70 lbs. Will that happen this year, most likely not but Goddamnit I will make progress!  No more climbing or staying stagnant.  Paleo eating and hitting the gym at least twice a week and walking every day...no exceptions!
  3. Think positive!  I have gotten into a rut where I'm focusing on the negative in life.  It's always about what's going wrong or how busy I am or how busy I'm not or blah, blah, blah.  Even I'm sick of talking to me.  I made a goal one year to be more CONTENT.  Well, let's do this.  To help, I'm going to think of one good thing that happened every day and share it at the dinner table.  That's everyone's challenge in the family is to share one good thing that happened to them or the world that day.  
  4. Stop and breathe!  All too often, we go day to day in the a rushed stupor, doing what needs to be done and not taking the time to stop, breathe and enjoy what's around us.  We are living to work, instead of working to live.  Not this year.  I work 40 hours a week and travel occasionally...this shouldn't consume my life.  My kids are involved in activities but they are not overscheduled.  We can all take an afternoon in the middle of the week to just BE and so we will.  At least one weekday a week, I'm going to get off work and go do something fun.  We'll go to the dog park, or the human park, or go see a movie or go to the mall or feed the ducks or SOMETHING to get out of the house and doing something enjoyable in the middle of the workweek.  Life's too short to spend it all on a schedule.
So there you have it.  Happy New Year and good luck to us all in our new goals!


To start it off right...

Weigh In Week #1:  213

Let's do this.

7 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Love this. I'm here, girlie. Let's do this!

Catherine55 said...

Cheering for you, Manda!! May this be your best year yet!!

Vanessa said...

This is great! Onward!

Mar's kids said...

You got this, Manda - sorry to hear that your band has to be removed, but your other goals put you in a good place to deal with whatever the new year brings to you. Good luck - we'll be here cheering you on!

Amy W. said...

Get it done girl. I too am sorry to hear the band has to be removed...but it sounds like it's going to be a catalyst for change! xoxo

Rhonda said...

Text me if you need someone to talk with about anything! Love the goals, but I am sorry about the band having to be removed. :(

Manda said...

Those are some great resolutions. At least you feel good about getting the band removed. It relieves stress and now you can focus on bigger things.