Progress

Monday, September 14, 2015

Day 68 Weigh In

PreOp Diet Weigh In: 226
Surgery Day Weigh In: 218.5
Day 68 Weigh In: 203.5
Change Since Last Week: +1.5

I gained back the 1.5 I lost last week.  A number of contributing factors:

  • Water retention.  I had Chinese food twice over the weekend.  The choices weren't bad (meat and veg) but sodium is probably way high.
  • I am retaining some water. My fingers are swollen and achy.  Usually a sign for me.
  • I consumed entirely too much sugar this week.  I had ice cream 3 times!
  • Work/Family picnic over the weekend.  Overindulged.
  • Too much alcohol throughout the week.
I know where I went wrong.  I also know I didn't eat 1.5 lbs worth of sugar this week.  A lot of this is water.  I'll work to flush it out and keep the food choices in check.  Also back to alcohol only on weekends.  My planner has a leadership development quote every day.  This was today's.

Yes, this is good advice in general for the workplace.  You could, in fact, apply it to anything.  Specifically to how I've been doing.  I tend to do really well in spurts.  I have weeks where I'm spot on and I have weeks where I slip into old habits something fierce.  I'll only be successful long term if I make it a HABIT.  So this week's all about getting back to good and making it a habit.

Happy Monday all!

1 comment:

Tracey@bariatricfoodforlife.com said...

sounds like a good plan
Ice cream makes me dump almost every time I eat it. That pretty much makes avoiding it a habit. Although with my magical thinking I sometimes forget and do it anyway and no surprise - it makes me sick. Call me crazy!
Tracey