Progress

Monday, September 21, 2015

Day 75 Weigh In

PreOp Diet Weigh In: 226
Surgery Day Weigh In: 218.5
Day 75 Weigh In: 201.5
Change Since Last Week: -2

2 lbs down from last week, meaning I lost the 1.5 gain from the week before plus another half pound.  Sometimes I really don't think they did anything other than take the band out.  The doc had said he couldn't make my stomach as small as he'd like because of the scar tissue and I know people who have already had weight loss surgery lose slower and not as much as "virgin" surgery people.  I guess I'm still just a little disappointed in how this is going.  I heard things like "I have to remind myself to eat" and "You're never hungry" and "I can eat so little."  It's bullshit.  I can eat a lot less but I'm constantly thinking about my next meal.  Is it in my head?  Absolutely.  That doesn't help.  That must makes me see that NOTHING Is going to work.  I'm always going to be fat because I have no willpower and can't get past my own brain.  So a little disappointed?  Yes definitely but not in the stupid sleeve...just in myself.  

3 comments:

Tracey@bariatricfoodforlife.com said...

I know you know this but I'm gonna say it anyway, "You don't have 100 pounds to lose so your weight loss will be slower. 1/2 pound loss a week is a 1/2 pound of loss." I started to question my sanity at about 3 months too but don't lose faith. You can do this, YOU ARE DOING IT.
Tracey

SlimExpectations said...

I know what Tracey says is right..but it's so hard to not ' know' it. I mean..I feel like you.

Hollee said...

I feel like you're doing great. I've only lost 50 pounds in the year since my revision and it's hard! But no more PB episodes and my quality of life is so much better revised.

As far as head hunger, I actually have a friend who sees a therapist to talk about food addiction, and she says it helps more than her band ever has. Something to maybe consider?